Natural Resources Minister Jerome Kennedy and Nalcor CEO Ed Martin held a news conference today to make it clear that wind power does not make sense for Newfoundland and Labrador.
Kennedy released a report by Manitoba Hydro International (MHI) which found that relying on wind power would cost at least $3.4 billion more than Muskrat Falls.
- Read more special articles :
- - Demand for new energy is clear: government
- - The bill on Muskrat Falls
- - Debate could go to committee level: prof
- - Update: No Muskrat Falls debate: Darin King
Martin said that wind power was dismissed relatively early in their study of power options, but due to political criticism, the government ordered an independent study to take a second look.
Kennedy said MHI's analysis validates Nalcor, and serves to endorse the Muskrat Falls plan.