This week's edition of The Compass, as usual, is jam-packed with local news, features and photographs.
They key word in that sentence is LOCAL.
Here is a taste of some of the headlines in the Jan. 22, 2013 edition:
• Whitbourne mayor receives first-ever Ovations Award;
• Pool users in Carbonear will be paying more for a dip;
• Emma Russell of Blaketown a hero in her team's hockey championship;
• Bay Roberts Fire Chief Clarence Russell among 10 residents who received Diamond Jubilee Medal;
• Mike Dyke of the CeeBee Stars talks about wearing a cage, and the injuries that forced the "bird cage" upon him;
• Trinity-Placentia Flyers have found their legs in St. John's Junior League;
• Whiteway lowers mill rate, but taxes still on the rise.
There's also a moving tribute to the late Cecile Gertrude (Bishop) Marchand, written by Shirley George of Cavendish, and our usual offerings of columns, editorials, socials and advertising.
To comment on what you see in The Compass each week, email editor Terry Roberts at the following: email@example.com