The RCMP are encouraging safety during this Halloween season.
In a release on Oct. 30, officials have released as series of safety tips to keep in mind whether if you're attending a themed party this weekend.
Here are the tips:
• Make sure to use the buddy system while at a party. Stay with at last one of your friends and all times, especially if you don't know many people;
• be cautious of underage drinking, or any illegal drugs that may be circulating around the party;
• make sure to never leave your drink;
• don't accept a ride home from someone at the party, especially if you think they may have been drinking or doing drugs;
• agree on a time and a place for you and your friends to meet in the event that you get spearated so you can all go home together; and
• call your parents or a trusted adult right awy if you feel uncomfortable and want to be picked up.