Three towns in the Trinity Conception region are receiving funding for water and sewer projects from the provincial government.
The town council in Bay de Verde on the North Shore of Conception Bay has chosen a new mayor and deputy mayor.
Bay de Verde, Hant’s Harbour and New Perlican will receive some $881,000 in funding.
In Bay de Verde, the town is receiving $75,000 for the purpose of conducing a study on the viability of a septic system in the community.
Hant’s Harbour will receive $687,000 to improve the sewer and treatment system at Custard Head., while New Perlican will be upgrading the water storage tanks in the community with the $119,000 it is receiving.
“The provision of water and wastewater services is critical to the growth and development of strong and viable communities,” said Steve Kent, minister of municipal and intergovernmental affairs.
The projects will be cost shared with the provincial government providing 90 per cent of the cost and the towns supplying the remaining 10 per cent.
“This is a great day for the people of the area and demonstrates the commitment of the provincial government to support development in all regions,” said Trinity-Bay de Verde MHA Charlene Johnson.