Eastern Health is advising visitors to the Pentecostal Senior Citizen’s Home in Clarke’s Beach to be health cautious when visiting loved ones
Eastern Health Logo
Eastern Health is advising visitors to the Pentecostal Senior Citizen’s Home in Clarke’s Beach to be health cautious when visiting loved ones.
There is currently an increase in gastrointestinal-related illness at the long-term care home. The health authority has put several precautionary measures in place for the health and safety of both patients and visitors to the facility.
Visitors to all Eastern Health long-term care facilities are advised to:
• Check with the nursing desk before visiting a loved one;
• Clean your hands thoroughly before entering a unit and after visitation;
• Protective equipment (i.e. masks, gowns and gloves) should be worn if required;
• Only visit one resident at a time; and
• Do not visit if you are experiencing flu-like or gastrointestinal symptoms.
These illnesses are common in health facilities during this time of year.
Eastern Health is asking immediate family members of residents to contact the facility directly at (709) 786-2993.
This advisory is not specific to this facility. Be advised that all long-term care facilities have similar limitations., which may be put in place for visitations. Contact each facility directly for information on specific locations.