For those who are still in the dark tonight, most municipalities have created warming centres.
Here is a list of those centres available to communities in the region:
• Bay Roberts - Search and Resuce Building (786-5444) and the local fire hall;
• Harbour Grace - The fireman's social building next to the fire hall;
• Carbonear - Carbonear swimming pool, in the multi-purpose room (596-7535 or 596-3831);
• Clarke's Beach - contact the mayor or councillors for assistance (Mayor Betty Moore can be reached at 683-1007)
• Hearts Content - Recreation centre. If you need a ride, you can contact the mayor or councillors;
• Old Perlican - Old Perlican town hall (587-2266)
• Upper Island Cove - No warming centre. Locals have offered assistance, including resident Cindy Dobbin;
• Victoria - Local fire hall, next to the town hall;
If anyone has any information about warming centres in other areas, please email email@example.com.
Newfoundland Power has confirmed some areas of the province may not have power until Tuesday. If you are in need of the usage of these centres or if your municipality is not listed, please contact your local town office, officials or employees for details.