A forensic pathologist working with the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner has confirmed, despite additional cases of carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning reported throughout last week, none of those cases have resulted in death.
On Sunday, Jan. 5 one man died after suffering CO poisoning in Mount Pearl.
His death and a spike of CO cases at Eastern Health emergency rooms led the health authority to issue a public service announcement, warning about the dangers of carbon monoxide and recommending the use of CO detectors.
In total, 16 CO poisonings were recorded by Eastern Health during the week. It has now been confirmed 15 of the affected people survived their exposure.
There were no deaths as a result of carbon monoxide poisonings elsewhere in the province during the same designated time period- Jan. 4-10.