Salmon Festival lineup to be announced next week

Andrea Gunn

Festival dates set for July 10-14

The wait will soon be over - an announcement revealing the lineup for the 2014 Exploits Valley Salmon Festival Concert will take place next week, according to a release issued by the Town of Grand Falls-Windsor on Thursday.

Over 21,000 people packed Centennial Field for the 2013 Salmon Festival concert, headlined by The Eagles.

The dates for the popular weeklong festival were also announced in the release; this year's festival will run from Thursday, July 10 to Monday, July 14 with the concert to take place on Saturday, July 12.

Though the rumour mill has been running non-stop with talk of who will headline the big event, fans will have to wait until the Town and promoters SRO Entertainment make the official announcement next week.

In the last number of years the Salmon Festival has seen rock legends like Aerosmith, KISS, and The Eagles headline the concert, along with popular supporting acts like Carly Rae Jepson, Flo Rida, and the Tragically Hip.

This is the 30th anniversary for the event in the town, and in recent years the Salmon Festival has drawn crowds of over 20,000 people flock to the Exploits Valley to take in the outdoor concert, as well as the festival's other activities like the stadium dance, salmon dinner, and family day.

Organizations: Tragically Hip

Geographic location: Exploits Valley

Comments

Comments

• Lil Mama
    May 03, 2014 - 00:35

Okay enough is enough , who's playing the concert. I plan my trip every year around the festival . Alrighty the boats. Are filled for the first week of July and most hotels are booked as well. Seriuosly this is a problem I'm not the only one who's planning a trip around this festival. I'm glad I didn't go last year because after Aerosmith I knew they would have a hard time beating that. But the rock is my home the festival is just the icing . So out with who playing actual I hope it isn't Bruce . Metalicca would be awesome . Crossing fingers !!!

• Adam
    April 20, 2014 - 21:40

One month later and no details. Not organized well again i see.

• Sasha
    April 16, 2014 - 09:56

not a great start!!!!.....3 weeks now what the hell r ye waiting for!!!!....we have to book time & space ......time too get things moving!!!!!!! :/

• Patty
    April 11, 2014 - 13:28

great start to this years festival!!!.....not impressed.....times wasting!!!

• Concertgo
    April 01, 2014 - 14:25

Still no details on the lineup? This story was posted 2 weeks ago....where is our lineup?!

• Concertgo
    April 01, 2014 - 14:01

• murray
    March 31, 2014 - 19:07

So the week has passed and nothing?? Great start guys.

• Amanda
    March 27, 2014 - 17:03

Well it is later in the week... No details yet

• Mike Hutchings
    March 26, 2014 - 20:47

AC/DC all the way!!

• Joseph
    March 25, 2014 - 12:28

I understand that last years salmon festival had it's let downs. (water and bathrooms plus VIP section and the lineup just to get into the concert) but trust me Gaga is only going to be more of a let down then having to wait for water or having to pee in some bushes. They've addressed a lot of the problems from last year and I for one am looking forward to how they've handled the issues. I've been a huge supporter of the salmon festival since I was a toddler seeing the beach boys play. It's the one thing I look forward to every year. Last year was a hiccup and this year will make everyone forget about last years let down. Sell your gaga ticket and come out to the salmon festival again this year!

• Joseph
    March 25, 2014 - 12:28

• Sandra
    March 25, 2014 - 05:44

I will be there even if it's Mr. Dressup. ..people need to get over last year's event...sh!t happens...complain complain complain..there's no way pleasing everyone! Happy 30th anniversary!!!!

• Terry
    March 25, 2014 - 00:09

Sure sounds like Bruce is # 1on most people's wish list this year including mine. Also AC/DC seems to be high on many people's list .. As my birthday is 7/10 many were celebrated at the Salmon Festival. Three of my favorite live acts ever for the length of the show, and quality of the music were, Pink Floyd, Bruce Springsteen, and Bob Seger. we know Floyd is out of the question but I hope we can start a petition to get Seger next year. How awesome would that be. Cheers to all

• Tony
    March 22, 2014 - 15:20

Congrats on 30 years. Serious problems with VIP last year. I hope these will be addressed in your announcement next week. If the act is good and the problems are acknowledged and a plan in place I will be there. I second the vote for Bruce

• Darrell
    March 21, 2014 - 14:31

Bruuuuuucccccce! Baby we were Born to Run.

• Gerry
      May 04, 2014 - 16:09

When approached to perform at Salmonfest Bruce should prove he is "Born to Run" as far as he can get from this poorly run venue. We saw Bruce in Moncton a couple of years ago where the VIP section is really that. Fantastic performer and a fantastic concert! He is rumored not to be performing any more this year anyway!! Dream on Darrell!

• Gerry
      May 05, 2014 - 04:42

• Lori
    March 21, 2014 - 12:34

I am not going after last years big rip off VIP! I am going instead to see lady gaga in Montreal to protest your concert! Leaving people in 30 degree heat with no water, unable to access bathrooms!It was inhumane and It was definitely not worth the price tag!

• dan
      March 21, 2014 - 21:34

Good, leave your sorry ass home. We will just fine without you.

• dan
      March 22, 2014 - 16:37

Lori, do us a favour and stay home. We will do just fine without you.

• Joseph
      March 25, 2014 - 12:20

I for one will be going because all of the issue of last year were addressed and I am looking forward to seeing how they have been handled. I've been a huge supporter of the salmon festival ever since I was a toddler and I saw the beach boys play. lady gaga will be a bigger disappointment then having to pee in the bushes and having to wait for water. trust me Salmon festival will be 10X better then it was last year.

• BigBoyBob
      March 26, 2014 - 14:06

keep crying lori ya soook, we dont want babies like you at the concert... Git!!

• Gerry
      May 04, 2014 - 15:55

That's it Lori. We were ripped off VIP's (Very Insignificant Persons) last year in GFW as well so we are going to see Fleetwood Mac in Ottawa in October. The extra cash for the flights and accommodations is well worth it after the dangerous situation we experienced at this poorly run venue in GFW. We will have a much better and SAFER experience in Ottawa. After the farce last year the Salmonfest name has gone places so that no self respecting performer(s) would go to Salmonfest anyway. No wonder they are delaying announcing the performers. Nobody wants to perform there!

• don saunders
    March 21, 2014 - 07:41

Love to see journey at salmon fest