Competition for Liberal candidacy in Port de Grave

Melissa Jenkins

There will be at least two people vying for the Liberal candidacy for the district of Port de Grave in the upcoming provincial election.

Pam Parsons

Pam Parsons, who is originally from Spaniard’s Bay, has announced she wants to run for the Liberals in the upcoming provincial election in the district that has been held by Progressive Conservative MHA Glenn Littlejohn since 2011.

A graduate of Ascension Collegiate, Parsons has most recently been seen assisting the Liberal party with different functions around the province. She is currently the communications director for Jim Burton, a possible Liberal candidate for the 2015 federal election. Previously, Parsons was a journalist with numerous provincial news outlets.

This will be Parsons' first attempt at provincial politics.

Spaniard’s Bay town councillor Tony Menchions has already announced his intent to run for the Liberals.

Nominations have not yet been called in the district, and there are still plenty of names rumoured to be considering a run.

Since there is now competition, there will be a vote to determine which candidate will go on the ballot once the nomination is called.

Geographic location: Port de Grave

Comments

Comments

• unknown
    June 03, 2014 - 09:58

I heard John Efford's son, Lee is running. Now that is a great man to run. Don't know him that will but if he is anything like his father he will be a great at the job plus he has grown up in polities his whole life. I am routing for Lee if the rumor is true!

• Lonely
    May 28, 2014 - 18:38

Can't use my real name, but I have to agree with Murphy. We need a future for our young.

• tracy
    May 28, 2014 - 03:19

What a joke. Of all the people who have announced they may seek a nomination a former member of the media is the only picture I have seen. Favoritism.

• darren
    May 27, 2014 - 18:26

Either one of these two will beat the PC member now. Our little PC experiment just hasn't worked for us. Danny's coat tails are no more.......time to go back to where we belong....Liberal.

• Susan
    May 27, 2014 - 18:22

You got to be joking, Right?

• Charles Murphy
    May 27, 2014 - 18:12

Give me a break, Please I don't care if your man/woman running, But I'm sick and tired seeing people coming forwards, who just don't have anything to bring to the table for the people, all across our great land, our young are leaving all because we don't have anything to offer them , just more burden from our so call leader. People of Port de Grave. Just ask any of them that coming looking for your support, One question, If we were to vote for you, where do you see our economy in the next four years, if they try and give you a song and dance, Say good day to that person...I travel around this great land of our, I see many community dying. All because of the people we elect to represent us in the HOA. Yes its time for change, We should be demanding people of vision, some one can bring our community's into the future, for every Newfoundlanders and Labradorian, Me I'm sick and tired of those so call leader, there just to make promise's, get your vote, then hell with you afterward, until they want your vote for years after, just to receive a pension on the back of the working poor. People lets demand more,