Ensuring sustainable communities

Send to a friend

Send this article to a friend.

Campbellton receives capital works funding

CAMPBELLTON — The Provincial Government is partnering with the Town of Campbellton to provide $400,000 in cost-shared funding for a water storage tank.

Municipal and Intergovernmental Affairs Minister Steve Kent said, “The Provincial Government continues to make drinking water a high priority for communities throughout Newfoundland and Labrador.  Since 2008, $184 million has been invested in water-related projects. This $400,000 investment in Campbellton shows our commitment to sustaining rural communities, and ensuring that they are viable places for residents to live, and raise families.”

The investment will be cost-shared with the Provincial Government providing 90 per cent of the funding and the Town of Campbellton contributing the remaining 10 percent.  

Lewisporte MHA Wade Verge said, “This investment will help with the storage of drinking water and ensure its availability for the residents of Campbellton. I would like to thank the Provincial Government for continuing to invest in infrastructure which directly benefits residents.”

Geographic location: Campbellton, Newfoundland and Labrador

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Thanks for voting!

Top of page