A 24-year-old man from Conne River died Saturday after the side-by-side off-road vehicle he was operating overturned.
A passenger, a male youth, was treated for non-life threatening injuries and held overnight in hospital for observation.
The accident occurred about 3:45 p.m. Saturday in the area of McDonald's Field in the south coast community.
RCMP from the Bay D’Espoir detachment responded to the call along with local medical staff.
The 24-year-old was pronounced dead upon arrival at the St. Alban’s Medical Clinic.
- Read more special articles:
- He fought the law and the law won
- Boat catches fire in Conception Bay
- Appeal Court sides with Metrobus in accident case
- Driver charged with DUI, dangerous driving after passenger dies in Stephenville Crossing truck crash
The RCMP says alcohol or drugs were not factors in the incident.
The investigation has indicated the vehicle struck a depression in the ground causing it to overturn.
The name of the deceased has not been released due to the wishes of the family.