Comments

Comments

• alanna carpenter
    December 27, 2013 - 19:22

Excuse me but lets try 9 hours waiting the 2 times i've had the misfortune to have to go to carbonear general hospital! I moved home from Ont. over a year ago and am unable to get a Dr. even the walk in clinics are rediculous!

• alanna carpenter
    December 27, 2013 - 19:21

• alanna carpenter
    December 27, 2013 - 19:21

• Frank
    July 06, 2010 - 16:47

One does not have to live next door to hospitals to hear about the very poor healt care programs and service. This is not only happening around Newfoundland and Labrador, but everywhere across the country. The health care programs are not geared for the growing polulation. we hear the same complaints here in Ontario!

We have not only lost some good doctors, nurses and services, but the art of Compassion has left with them as well.

Doctors and nurses are human, but gouvernments still think they are machines.
    I love the TV program House as the cheif doctor himself gets things done.
    I have worked with some of the best physicians in Canada over the years, I have never seen matters as bad as they are today.

Frank Blackwood,

**Former health care professional**

• Don't believe the Hype
    July 06, 2010 - 16:47

Things are the same across the country. People often complain here in PEI about the 5 hour wait at emergency to see a doctor.

However, keep in mind it is an emergency department, not a walk in clinic. A child with a sore throat is not an emergency, and those that left were obviously not emergencies either. Many pharmacies have walk in clinics. I can't say for sure, but I think the Shopper's in Bay Roberts has one most days.

• Doreen
    July 06, 2010 - 16:47

I am aware how busy hospital emergency departments are. I am also aware that they are used as walk-in clinics. If a nurse called several patients who had gone home, then they did not need to be in an emergency department at all. A few months ago I unfortunately needed emergency care around midnight. I was seen immediately while the waiting room was full of people waiting. Most of them could have gone home to sleep and go to a clinic during the day. Let's leave ER's for emergencies!!