A man in his 20s was displaced by a weekend fire in Bishop’s Cove, Conception Bay North.
According to a news release from the Canadian Red Cross, the fire started on the exterior but caused smoke damage inside a house. The Bishop’s Cove resident was not home at the time of the fire, which was reported shortly after 10 p.m. Friday, Feb. 1.
As of Sunday, he was staying with relatives in Cupids. Disaster volunteers from the Canadian Red Cross provided him with immediate assistance for food purchases and other items.