It was the type of game that drives coaches batty, but a weekend Mary Brown’s St. John’s Junior Hockey League tilt at the Bay Arena in Bay Roberts gave fans their money’s worth.
In that one, the homestanding CBN Stars outscored Avalon Junior Capitals 11-10, on the strength of five goals and, for good measure, one assist from Ryan Dawson. Mason Oates had a goal and two assists. For the Capitals, Evan Gallant had three goals and three assists, Coady Barron netted three goals with a pair of helpers and Jared Lush scored three times and recorded one assist.
Other weekend SJJHL results:
• The Stars also won another game, beating the CBR Renegades 5-3 at the Conception Bay South. Arena. Cameron Simms paced the winners with a goal and two assists.
• At the Southern Shore Arena, Donovan Warren had three goals, Blake Dalton registered three assists and Adam March made 45 saves in a 4-2 Southern Shore Breakers win over the Trinity-Placentia Flyers.
• The Flyers also lost 9-3 to the Renegades on home ice at the Trinity-Placenta Stadium in Whitbourne. Jacob Gill had three assists for CBR, which received goals from nine different players.
• Former QMJHLer Kyle McGrath had two goals and an assist and Nathan Peters also scored twice as the St. John’s Caps slipped past Avalon 6-5
• On Sunday night, the Mount Pearl Blades scored three third-period goals for a 6-5 decision over the Northeast Eagles.