Topic: Some users may experience multiple issues with their Microsoft Teams
User Impact: Users may have experienced several issues with their Microsoft Teams.
More information: Affected scenarios include, but are not limited to, the following:
– Messages may be missing when users log in or unlock their devices after some time.
– Users may not be able to load messages in channels and chats.
– Users are unable to view or download their media (images, videos, audio, call recordings, code snippets).
– Some users are experiencing delays in sending and receiving chat messages.
– Anonymous users may not be able to join meetings.
– Team Connectors for Power Automate/Power Apps encountered errors.
-Call logs may take longer to appear in the user's OneDrive for Business and SharePoint Online.
– Users may not be able to load previous Copilot history or new history may not be written
– Bots can't download links
– Sending and receiving read receipt notifications may be delayed
– Users may have had trouble resuming or rejoining meetings.
– Users in organizations that develop information barriers may experience problems joining meetings
– Users performing a cold boot may not be able to log into Teams and may see an “oops” page.
Final Status: After extended monitoring and various upgrades and mitigation efforts, we have confirmed that our Microsoft Teams service and features have been restored or returned to optimal health.
Start Time: Friday, January 26, 2024, at 2:55 PM UTC
Closing Time: Saturday, January 27, 2024, 1:30 AM UTC
This is the final update of the event.