Adi Pink and Ashley Jackson
2 hours ago
(NEXSTAR) — Get your tickets: The winning numbers for the estimated $1.2 billion Powerball jackpot have been drawn.
Winning numbers drawn on Wednesday, October 4: 63, 9, 35, 64, 54 and red Powerball 1. Power play is 2X.
No ticket matched all of the winning numbers drawn on Monday, boosting the jackpot to $551.7 million to $1.2 billion, although several players won second-tier prizes.
At that level, it stands as the third-largest jackpot in Powerball history, behind a $2.04 billion The jackpot was won in California last November and the $1.586 billion jackpot was split by three tickets in 2016 (California, Florida and Tennessee).
Biggest Lottery Prizes in America:
- $2.04 billion (Powerball): November 7, 2022; California
- $1.602 billion (Mega Millions): August 15, 2023; Florida
- $1.586 billion (Powerball): January 13, 2016; California, Florida, Tennessee
- $1.537 Billion (Mega Millions): October 23, 2018; South Carolina
- $1.348 billion (mega millions): January 13, 2023; Maine
- $1.337 Billion (Mega Millions): July 29, 2022; Illinois
- $1.2 billion (Est. Powerball): October 4, 2023
- $1.08 billion (Powerball): July 19, 2023; California
- $1.05 Billion (Mega Millions): January 22, 2021; Michigan
- $768.4 million (Powerball): March 27, 2019; Wisconsin
It can be Largest Powerball jackpot won in any state. The largest jackpot ever won was less than $1 billion in all but three of California, Florida and Tennessee.
Since someone matched five white balls and a Powerball, there have been 33 consecutive drawings, and the prize has grown so large. Win the jackpotThis last happened on July 19.
That failure is stunning Long odds of winning Jackpot, 1 in 292.2 million.
Jackpot winners have two options for claiming their prize: incremental payments over 29 years or a lump sum annual payment. Payments can be made It also varies by state.
If you’re lucky enough to beat the odds, you might want to think twice about taking the lump sum, even though it’s a very common option among winners.
Powerball tickets are $2 each and are sold in all 45 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands. Drawings are held every Monday, Wednesday and Saturday at 10:59 pm ET. There is a 1 in 292.2 million chance of winning the Powerball jackpot and a 1 in 24.9 chance of winning the Powerball prize.
Matt Knight contributed to this report.